TerraSAR-X dependably acquires high-resolution and wide-area radar images independent of the weather conditions. The satellite features a unique geometric accuracy that is unmatched by any other spaceborne sensor. TerraSAR-X is specifically optimized to meet the requirements of commercial users around the globe, who require readily available, high-quality and precise Earth observation data.
- Imagery Acquisition independent the weather conditions and cloud cover
- Flexible coverage and resolution: very high resolution (up to 1m) for specific target areas, large area coverage for regional monitoring as well as everything in between.
- Revisit time less than 2.5 days
- Upcoming constellation with PAZ: Higher revisit frequencies from 2014 onwards.
- Improvement in visualization
- Flexible ordering available
- Excellent radiometric accuracy
There are different products and services that meet the requirements of a broad variety of applications:
- Ship Detection
- Oil Spill Detection
- Sea Ice Monitoring
Digital Elevation Models
Ground Control Points
Change Detection and Monitoring for:
- Emergency Response
Surface Movement Monitoring
- Detection of Earth’s surface movements caused by mining, production of oil and gas, infrastructure constructions, etc. Determination of movements of the ground surface with sub-centimeter precision using interferometry techniques.
TerrasarX imagery on the Panama Canal. 2013.